April 15, 2013
The Boston Marathon 2013 will start at 15th of April, 9.30AM local time (Eatern Time, i.e. GMT – 4hours). Germany will watch and cheer for Sabrina Mockenhaupt.
The marathon will be streamed online on this webpage from 9.30-12.30. The coverage will be available in most of the countries.
March 18, 2013
Sabrina Mockenhaupt took a surprising 4th place in the New York City Half Marathon 2013. Her time of 69:42min was the fastest since 4 years and the 3rd fastest in her career. She ran a faster second half and passed several runners in the final kilometers. Mockenhaupt commented: “I am very satisfied with my race. It was so cold, I could not feel my feet and fingers for a long time of the race.” In 4 weeks the 32-year old will run in the U.S. again in the Boston Marathon (April 15th).
The womens category was won by Caroline Rotich (KEN) after top favorite Kim Smith (NZL) dropped out at the 10K mark.
In the mens category, Wilson Kipsang dominated the field and took a secure win. The race was a good preparation for the London Marathon 2013 and his shape seems to be on the way. A surprise was Italian Daniele Meucci in 2nd. The Vice Champion of last years 5000m European Championships had a strong 2nd half and passed several higher prized athletes (e.g. debutant Bernard Lagat).
Lead results were as follows:
1. Rotich, Caroline KEN 1:09:09
2. Nukuri-Johnson, Diane BDI 1:09:12
3. Stublic, Lisa CRO 1:09:18
4. Mockenhaupt, Sabrina GER 1:09:42
5. Kovalenko, Lyudmila UKR 1:09:43
6. Perez, Madai MEX 1:10:27
7. Caballero, Yolanda COL 1:10:30
8. Tanaka, Tomomi JPN 1:10:31
9. Rothstein Bruce, Stephanie USA 1:10:53
10. Moreira, Sara POR 1:11:03
11. Nelson, Adriana USA 1:11:09
12. Bawcom, Janet USA 1:11:13
13. Burla, Serena USA 1:11:24
14. Aliyu, Aziza ETH 1:11:49
15. Davies, Mary NZL 1:12:06
1. Kipsang, Wilson KEN 1:01:02
2. Meucci, Daniele ITA 1:01:06
3. Ritzenhein, Dathan USA 1:01:10
4. Korir, Leonard KEN 1:01:19
5. Barrios, Juan Luis MEX 1:01:21
6. Chelanga, Sam KEN 1:01:26
7. Sambu, Stephen KEN 1:01:34
8. Arile, Julius KEN 1:01:38
9. Hartmann, Jason USA 1:01:51
10. Murayama, Kenta JPN 1:02:02
11. Girma, Tesfaye ETH 1:02:06
12. Lagat, Bernard USA 1:02:33
13. Chelimo, Kevin KEN 1:02:34
14. Chani, Hafid MAR 1:02:35
15. Abdirahman, Abdi USA 1:03:20
full results of the race nyrrc.org
March 15, 2013
The New York City Half Marathon (NYC Half) 2013 will take place next Sunday, 17th of March. The race will start 7.30am local time (12.30 Central European Time). A live stream will be available online here.
Sabrina Mockenhaupt will represent Germany in the Womens Elite Field. After not running last years New York City Marathon because of hurricane “Sandy”, it will be the first time for her to compete in the “Big Apple”. Mockenhaupt took second in the German Cross Country Championships last weekend and ran a course record of 32:01 (10K) in Leverkusen two weeks ago.
October 7, 2012
The 2012 Bank of America Chicago marathon will be broadcasted live by nbcchicago.com. An online stream will be available on this webpage.
March 2, 2011
Some german elite runners that are employed by the German Armed Forces competed in the European Military Cross-Country Championship that took place in Warendorf (Germany).
Sabrina Mockenhaupt won the womens race and led the German Womens Team to the Gold Medal. In the mens category the strongest German runners (Musa Roba-Kinkal, Falk Cierpinski, Richard Friedrich) had to compete in the short distance race (despite their better abilities in the long distances) and ended up with Silver in the team category.
Lead results were as follows:
short distance men (3,8 km):
1. Merzougui, Hakim FRANCE 10:51
2. Ismaili, Alaoui Youssef FRANCE 10:52
3. Theuri, James FRANCE 10:53
4. Roba-Kinkal, Musa GERMANY 10:56
5. Barbier, Benjamin BELGIUM 10:59
6. Fiedrich, Richard GERMANY 11:08
7. Breit, Stefan SUISSE 11:09
8. Cierpinski, Falk GERMANY 11:16
9. Meißgeier, Markus GERMANY 11:20
10. Urruty, Pierre FRANCE 11:25
1. FRANCE 6
Ismaili, Alaoui Youssef (10:52) Merzougui, Hakim (10:51) Theuri, James (10:53)
2. GERMANY 18
Cierpinski, Falk (11:16) Fiedrich, Richard (11:08) Roba-Kinkal, Musa (10:56)
3. BELGIUM 30
Barbier, Benjamin Stessens, Tim (11:29) van Geyte, Gino (11:29)
4. SUISSE 34
Breit, Stefan (11:09) Kempf, Andreas (11:27) Tscharner, Jann (11:41)
5. IRELAND 56
Byrne, Pat (11:40) Kelly, Noal (11:52) Rogers, Kenny (11:54)
women (3,8 km):
1. Mockenhaupt, Sabrina GERMANY 12:41
2. Mezeghrane, Samira FRANCE 12:48
3. Sujew, Elina GERMANY 13:00
4. Sujew, Diana GERMANY 13:08
5. Krebs, Denise GERMANY 13:17
6. Rocquain, Alice FRANCE 13:25
7. Da-ponte, Nathalie FRANCE 13:29
8. Merl, Monika GERMANY 13:36
9. Lievaart, Anouska NETHERLANDS 14:03
10. Konopleva-Fetizon, Helena FRANCE 14:06
1. GERMANY 8
Mockenhaupt, Sabrina (12:41) Sujew, Diana (13:08) Sujew, Elina (13:00)
2. FRANCE 15
Da-ponte, Nathalie (13:29) Mezeghrane, Samira (12:48) Rocquain, Alice (13:25)
3. NETHERLANDS 36
Lievaart, Anouska (14:03) Schoenmakers, Linda (15:37) v.d. Linden, Angelique (14:54)
4. IRELAND 43
Masterson, Rosemarie (16:20) Molloy, Mary (15:04) Tierney, Siobhan (15:19)
long distance men (9,5 km):
1. Bandi, Philipp SUISSE 27:47
2. Amguil, Lhacen FRANCE 27:55
3. Niyongizie, Jean Claude FRANCE 28:15
4. Pelissier, Cedric FRANCE 28:17
5. Rufenacht, Rolf SUISSE 28:21
6. Morgenthaler, Johannes SUISSE 28:30
7. Beltran, Sebastien FRANCE 28:42
8. Guibault, Thierry FRANCE 28:55
9. Tambwe, Patrick FRANCE 29:02
10. Bouzid, Tarik FRANCE 29:30
full results of the Championship cism-germany.de
November 6, 2010
The New York Marathon will be the last race of the World Marathon Majors Series in 2010. The action will be broadcasted by several media.
Locally the race will be broadcasted by NBC 4 New York. An online stream will be available on UniversalSports.
TV viewers in Europe can watch the race on Eurosport.
The race will start with the elite womens race at 9.10AM, and the main race including the elite men will go off at 9.40 local time (UTC -4hours).
October 16, 2010
The 35th edition of the Amsterdam will be streamed live from Dutch broadcasting company RTV N-H on Sunday, October 17th. There will be an online stream available via internet on this webpage.
The coverage will start at 9.30AM local time and will last for three hours until 12.30.
October 10, 2010
The Bank of America Chicago marathon 2010 will be broadcasted live by nbcchicago.com. An online stream will be available on this webpage.
The coverage will start at 7.00 AM (CST, i.e. GMT – 6 hours) and will last until 10.10 AM.
September 9, 2010
Three weeks after his victory at the European Championships in Barcelona, Swiss marathon runner Viktor Röthlin started his training again.
Röthlins next marathon start is planned to be in New York City. On November 7th he will run in a race against a stellar field. Among the entrants in the mens field are marathon legends such as Haile Gebrselassie, Gebre Gebremariam, Abel Kirui, Emmanuel Mutai and also the Americans Meb Keflezighi, Dathan Ritzenhein, Antonio Vega and Tim Nelson.
Before the marathon he plans to compete in Uster (SUI, 18.09), Lisbon (POR, 26.09, halfmarathon) and Portsmouth (GBR, 24.10, 10 miles).
« Older Entries
May 9, 2010
The Kenyans Samuel Kosgei and Mary Keitany wrote history in the 30th edition of the BIG 25 in Berlin. Never before a world record was set in mens and womens category in the same road race!
In the best 25K-race ever, the top athletes used the perfect weather conditions of 12-14°C with practically no winds and overcast sky.
In the mens race a big pack of around 20 athletes passed the 5K-mark in 14:29min. After that the pace remained high and the field was reduced step-by-step until kilometer 15 (43:05min). At this point the race was down to a battle between Samuel Kosgei and Gilbert Kirwa (both Kenya). At the end it was Samuel Kosgei who had the best legs and improved the previous world record (1:12:45h, Paul Kosgei in Berlin 2009) by almost one minute to 1:11:50h. Also Gilbert Kirwa broke the previous record by clocking 1:11:58h for second place. The podium was completed by Terefe Maregu (Eth) in 1:13:16h. Altogether nine athletes ran sub-1:15h.
The womens race was dominated by pre-race favorite Mary Keitany. The dominating female road racer of 2009 ran her own race and smashed the previous world record (1:22:13, Mizuki Noguchi in Berlin 2005). Led by two pacemakers she was on course for a sub-1:20h time all the way and crossed the finish line after 1:19:53h. Around five minutes later Alice Timbilili (1:24:38) and Pasalia Kipkoech (both Kenya/1:26:47) came home for 2nd and 3rd place.
Results were published already earlier here.